What if a tree falls across two property lines? Will my Homeowners Policy cover it or will my neighbors?

You and your neighbor should both file a claim with your own insurers. Your policy's liability section may provide coverage if you've been negligent in taking care of the tree, and that negligence contributed to the tree falling. 

The policy will provide coverage for the damage to your home. Debris-removal coverage also will be available, up to $2,000, since the tree damaged a covered structure.​

Will I be covered if my pipes freeze?
The policy does provide coverage for damage from freezing pipes. If the home is vacant, unoccupied or under construction, there’s only coverage if you’ve taken care to heat the home or shut off the water and drain the system.​
When I go on vacation, are my belongings covered?
Yes, the same coverages that protect your belongings at home protect them while you're away on vacation.​
Does my policy cover earthquake damage?
No, they're not covered by our renter, condo or homeowner policies. We understand the need for this important coverage, and PEMCO Agency can help you secure a quote with a specialized earthquake insurance carrier. Please call 1-800-467-3626 to learn more.​
How do you determine my home's replacement cost?
Your home is being insured for what it would cost to rebuild it. Some of the factors we review include geography, cost of materials and labor, ease of access to the site, etc. It's different than an assessed or appraised value. ​
Will my insurance cover me if I can't live in my home because of a claim or an evacuation order?
Your Loss of Use provision will help you with living expenses if you can't live in your home. It can also be triggered without damage to your home if the authorities order an evacuation. If you're evacuated, once you've reached a safe location, please call us at 1-800-467-3626.​
Does my policy cover flood damage?
Damages due to environmental flooding (water outside the home) aren’t covered by renter, condo and homeowner policies. Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program. Our professionals at PEMCO Agency can help you get a policy. For more information, call 1-800-467-3626. ​
How do I make sure specific items I own are covered, like jewelry or bikes?
To make sure you have the right level of coverage for these specific items, please contact us​.​