PEMCO is now a member of the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB)
PEMCO is proud to become a member of the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB)! As part of our commitment to customer-centric solutions and our Mutual Good focus area of safety, NICB will help us keep our customers safe by amplifying our efforts to fight insurance fraud.
NICB has dedicated agents across the country and in the NW supporting insurance companies to fight and prosecute insurance fraud. Insurance fraud is estimated to cost $40 billion a year – which often is reflected in insurance premiums. While PEMCO currently works with law enforcement agencies to fight fraud, our membership with NICB will enhance our ability to fight back against organized fraud through additional tools and resources like:
- Access to unique data assets, confidential information on criminal cases and fraud alerts
- Utilizing their enhanced internal investigative efforts
- Being part of a broader fraud fighting community
- Training for Claims staff
- Anti-fraud tools like VINCheck
- And more!
Janet McDaniel, Director Property Claims, shared "We're excited to formally partner with NICB to fight fraud in the Northwest region, this membership will bring tremendous value to our policyholders supporting our mission to worry less and live more."
Check out some of the ways NICB helped members in 2020!
- 224,722 vehicles recovered with a total value of $661M
- $46M in loss mitigation
- $10.5M in restitution ordered
- 924 hours of training provided to member employees and law enforcement
- More than 4,854 hotline calls and web tips received and processed, leading to more than 668 referred to members; and more than 3,400 alerts issued to advise members of fraud schemes, crime forecasts and case developments.
Want to learn more? Visit NICB's website here.
Share on social media