Does the thought of plunging into icy Northwest waters in February give you goosebumps? It does to us, but not for reasons you might think!
With February’s cold temps comes our annual opportunity to support Oregon Special Olympics Polar Plunges – it both warms our hearts and sends shivers up our spines all at once!
As a statewide sponsor, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be at all five Oregon plunges this year, beginning Feb. 7.
- Corvallis – Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015
- Eugene – Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015
- Bend – Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015
- Medford – Saturday, Feb. 21, 2015
- Portland – Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015
Whether you’re a seasoned plunger or a first-timer, the WALLY team has some tips on how you can take the plunge!
- Register and raise money: Once you register, you’re tasked with raising at least $50, which will earn you an opportunity to plunge, a commemorative t-shirt, a bowl of soup and bragging rights!
- Become a Super Plunger: If you’re a plunging pro, maybe you’re ready for the next level. These are the most extreme and elite plungers. Super Plungers will take a dip into the water once every hour for 24 hours. If you think you can be a Super Plunger, raise $3,000 by Feb. 20 and meet us at one of the five event locations to prove just how bold you are!
- Come prepared: Have your towel ready before you dive in, and be sure to bring a change of clothes and a warm blanket for after the plunge.
Don’t feel like freezing for a reason? No problem! You can still make an impact by joining a team and raising money without having to face the icy waters.
What better way to prepare yourself for the remaining six weeks of winter than running into frigid waters to support a good cause?
About the Oregon Special Olympics: Special Olympics Oregon serves the largest disability population in the state, providing year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports to more than 12,000 participants with intellectual disabilities. Additional information can be found at here.