Elaborate painted faces, green and blue Mohawks, festive scarves, thunderous cheers, ear-to- ear smiles and die-hard soccer fans… it's hard to say what we'll miss most about manning the PEMCO booth at Sounders games!
After a fun and memorable season, the time has come for Anna and me to bid a fond farewell to our friends at Qwest Field. On what is our last day of running the fan photo program, we want to thank everyone for allowing us to capture your Sounders spirit on film and join in the pregame fun.
We thought long and hard about our favorite Sounders moments, but couldn't pick just one. Therefore, in honor of our newfound friends and loyal regulars, we created a top seven list of our fondest match-day memories:
7. Becoming as efficient as a Nascar pit crew when our photo paper ran out — which was without fail when the line was the longest!
6. Learning to stuff lanyards in ten seconds flat without creasing fan photos—seriously folks, it's all in the flick of the wrist!
5. Groovin' to the crazy beats of the Sound Wave band.
4. Being known as the 'over-caffeinated' Sounders FC fans — our 'Super-Long Coffee Orderer' T-shirts and constant lattes helped us live up to our nickname.
3. Hearing how much people enjoy the Northwest Profiles, and meeting more 'Sandals and Socks Guys' than we even knew existed!
2. Capturing the spirited poses of devoted fans week after week as they enjoyed the inaugural Sounders FC season.
1. Getting to know our regulars. We will miss you — you know who you are!
Thank you to everyone for such a wonderful season! We enjoyed every minute of our time at Qwest Field and are looking forward to hearing if the 'Supercharged Seahawks fans' are as devoted as you, the ''I know I am, I'm sure I am' Sounders FC fans.'
And remember, be kind and patient with the new PEMCO Brand Ambassadors, Brad and Stephen -- we promise they will be stuffing lanyards like pros in no time! You will see them next, along with Peter, back here at Qwest Field when the Seahawks take on Oakland on Sept. 3.