Alligator startles firefighters inside SunDome

When an electrical outlet inside Yakima’s SunDome started smoking, firefighters responded.
   That’s when they encountered an 8-foot alligator.
   The reptile was one of three brought in to spice up a home show that runs this weekend in the Dome. It lounged inside a tank placed in front of bleachers, behind which was the smoking outlet.
   Workers spent several hours dismantling the alligator exhibit so they could pull out the bleachers and inspect the outlet. Turns out the problem was an extension cord.
   Fire officials told the Yakima Herald-Republic that “no firefighters were eaten.” Read the Herald-Republic article.

by  Jon Osterberg

Tags:

 0  Comments

No comments yet, Do you want to be the first to comment?
Your name:
Email address:
Your comments:
​​ ​​