2018 Annual Meeting
January 3, 2018
Our board members
We are proud of the 9 individuals who serve as our board of directors. The board is elected by the policyholders and is responsible for establishing and helping the Company achieve its long-term business and organizational objectives through oversight, review, and counsel. The board sets the “tone at the top” and creates a climate of respect, trust, courage, and candor on behalf of our policyholders.
In addition to serving on the PEMCO board, each director also serves on at least one other corporate board and has a strong commitment to serving others.
- Brian L. Benzel. Brian retired as the Vice President for Finance & Administration at Whitworth University. He is the vice chair of the board and executive committee and chair of the nominating & governance committee.
- William C. Bonaudi. Bill retired as the president of Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake. He is the chair of the audit committee.
- Linda S. Cowan. Linda retired as the Superintendent of the Auburn School District and is now an educational consultant. Linda also serves on the nominating & governance committee.
- Shirley Liu Hodgson. Shirley retired as the human resources director of the Marysville School District. Prior to that, she was the human resources director of the Everett & Highline School District. Shirley serves on the executive and nominating & governance committees.
- Sandra M. Kurack. Sandy retired as the president of Inspirus Credit Union. She is also a member of the audit committee.
- Stan W. McNaughton. Stan is the President and CEO of PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company and PEMCO Insurance Agency. He is the board chair and also serves as a member of the executive committee.
- Roger A. Reimer. Roger is a retired teacher and school administrator. He has taught in the Renton School District, Highline School District, and at Forest Ridge. Roger also serves as a member of the audit and compensation committees.
- Richard A. Rutkowski. Rich retired as the President of Green River Community College. He is the chair of the compensation committee.
- Carl E. Tingelstad. Carl retired as a Principal after many years of service in the Shoreline School District. He is also a member of the compensation committee.
Our executive team
PEMCO is led by an experienced and qualified team of professionals, each of whom brings a unique perspective to advance the company’s strategy and oversee its day-to-day operations in service to our customers.
- Stan McNaughton, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Paul Barry, Vice President of Claims
- Harris Clarke, Vice President of Operations
- Bill Clumpner, Vice President, General Counsel & Assistant Secretary
- Steve Ricco, Vice President, Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer
- MJ Vigil, Vice President and Chief People and Brand Officer
- Jeff Weeks, Vice President and Chief Information Officer