2016 Annual Meeting
January 4, 2016
Our board members
We are proud of the 10 individuals who serve as our board of directors. The board is elected by the policyholders and is responsible for establishing and helping the Company achieve its long-term business and organizational objectives through oversight, review, and counsel. The board sets the “tone at the top” and creates a climate of respect, trust, courage, and candor on behalf of our customers.
In addition to serving on the PEMCO board, each director also serves on at least one other corporate board and has a strong commitment to serving others.
- William C. Bonaudi. Bill retired as the president of Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake. He is a member of the audit committee.
- Shirley Liu Hodgson. Shirley retired as the human resources director of the Marysville School District. Prior to that, she was the human resources director of the Everett & Highline School District. Shirley has served as chair of the compensation committee.
- Sandra M. Kurack. Sandy recently retired as the president of School Employees Credit Union of Washington. She is also a member of the executive committee.
- Stan W. McNaughton. Stan is the President and CEO of PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company and PEMCO Insurance Agency. He is the board chair and also serves as a member of the executive committee.
- Roger A. Reimer. Roger is a retired teacher and school administrator. He has taught in the Renton School District, Highline School District, and at Forest Ridge. Roger also serves as a member of the audit committee and has been a member of the compensation committee.
- Richard A. Rutkowski. Rich retired as the President of Green River Community College. He is the chair of the compensation committee.
- Carl E. Tingelstad. Carl retired as a Principal after many years of service in the Shoreline School District. He is a member of the compensation committee and has also served on the audit committee.
- Brian L. Benzel. Brian retired as the Vice President for Finance & Administration at Whitworth University. He is a member of the compensation committee.
- Linda S. Cowan. Linda retired as the Superintendent of the Auburn School District and is now an educational consultant. Linda also serves as the chair of the audit committee.
- Borje O. Saxberg. Bud retired as a professor at the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. In addition to being the board’s vice-chair and lead director, Bud is a member of the executive committee. He has also served as chair of the audit and compensation committee.
Our executive team
PEMCO is led by an experienced and qualified team of professionals, each of whom brings a unique perspective to advance the company’s strategy and oversee its day-to-day operations in service to our customers.
- Stan McNaughton, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Mari Anderson, Vice President of People Services
- Rod Brooks, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
- Harris Clarke, Vice President of Sales and Customer Service
- Bill Clumpner, Vice President and General Counsel
- Steve Ricco, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Steve Miller, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Jeff Weeks, Vice President and Chief Information Officer