Perspective Newsletter
Spring 2015
Issue text space


 *Perspective Title (Hint: This should match page name found in the url address line above, minus the dashes.)

Customer question: “How and to whom do I report a road hazard?”

A good place to start is the Department of Transportation regional dispatch or maintenance center where you live:

In Washington
For state highway roadway maintenance issues, contact the nearest Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance office. (For repairs on city or county roads, contact your city or county government.) These links break out phone numbers and email addresses by area:

Eastern Region: Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, and Whitman counties

North Central Region: Chelan, Douglas, Grant, and Okanogan counties

Northwest Region: Island, King, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties

Olympic Region: Clallam, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Kitsap, Mason, Pierce, and Thurston counties

South Central Region: Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Kittitas, Walla Walla, and Yakima counties

Southwest Region: Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Lewis, Pacific, Skamania, and Wahkiakum counties

Headquarters Maintenance Office email (for statewide or top-level issues).

In Oregon

Report road hazards to the nearest Oregon Department of Transportation's regional dispatch center:

Portland metro, (503) 283-5859
Northwest Oregon, (503) 362-0457
Southern Oregon, (541) 858-3103
Central and Eastern Oregon, (541) 383-0121

Have an insurance or safety question? Email us at We may be able to include it in a future issue.