Freezing weather west of the Cascades has caught some residents by surprise, especially those who procrastinated with winterizing.
Did you take steps to prevent water damage around your home?
- Hose bibs. Did you disconnect them and cover your outdoor faucets with insulation?
- Underground sprinklers -- did you blow them out?
- Trailer-boat owners, did you open your motor petcocks to prevent a frozen block?
- Does your car's winshield-washer reservoir contain liquid that won't freeze?
- Did your birdfeeders freeze overnight? You might have angry hummingbirds this morning.
Be cautious with slick porches and sidewalks. We're heading toward winter, and freezing weather will take some getting used to.